Saturday, November 19, 2011

Why should you choose to do an Art Foundation course?

I'm hoping someone can resolve an ongoing debate I have with my sister.





I studied Art Foundation in the same college that she is in now after completing my A levels. My sister is doing a BTec Fine Art and then plans to go to do a degree somewhere in the UK. The reason I did the Art Foundation was for a number of reasons; I was unsure of the degree I should do and it was explained that the foundation would enable me to experiment with lots of techniques to find the area of art and or design that best suited me; I was told that an Art Foundation is looked upon favourably by most UK universities with art and design courses, and that some courses may expect you to have it. Also it gives you the chance to expand your portfolio of work before going to uni.





My sister has been told differently. She doesn't need to do it as she's doing a BTec?

Why should you choose to do an Art Foundation course?
Different unis will have different entry requirements, so maybe the one who are interviewing her don't require it. Entry requirments can also change from year to year.





Am I right in thinking that her BTEC is a full time course? Your Art A level wouldn't have been full time (as you were also doing other subjects) so this may account for the difference too.


No comments:

Post a Comment