Thursday, August 19, 2010

Band, Art, Bible? AAGG!!!?

In school, next year I have to choose a subject, and I want to do either Band, Art, or Bible.





UP SIDE ABOUT BAND:


For me band is really fun, and for me it's a fun thing to do, and class is really fun.





DOWN SIDE:


The teachers sometimes get strict, and give us huge lectures and make us do pushups when we don't behave. Most of my friends say they wont do it next year.








UP SIDE ABOUT ART:


I love drawing and my friends say I'm awesome at it. The teacher gives us some good techinques, and helps us improve.





DOWN SIDE:


The teacher talks FOREVER and waists most of our time repeating everything about ten, fifteen times. She insults your art work if it's not the Mona Lisa, and she's really strict. She's always running around the room doing worthless s**t so if you need to ask her something you have to wait for ten minutes!





UPSIDE ABOUT BIBLE:


I love learning about God, and I love the bible stories. It's super cool because I can always talk to the teacher like we're friends.

Band, Art, Bible? AAGG!!!?
Well, out of the pros and cons you listed, I would recommend Bible as the top choice - it sounds like a fun class, and the teacher doesn't waste your time or make you do pushups :-)





For a second choice, I'd say Band, since you love your instrument, but weigh whether you would be as enthusiastic about it without your friends in the class.





Art...well, you can easily draw on your own time, and you can get great resources at the library and art stores. You can even take outside lessons in this if you want to (and your parents are up for it). However, to have to sit in a class where the teacher wastes your time and insults your work really isn't worth it - even for something that you enjoy.





Hope that helps!
Reply:I'd go with band or Bible. Art's not really that useful unless you plan to be an artist, and it doesn't sound like the teacher is really great. It's always nice to be able to play an instrument well - when you're older, you might wish you had stuck with it (I wish I had). Knowing more about the Bible is always good for a Christian, and you'll enjoy taking it with the teacher and your friends.





Basically - think about whether you might wish later on you were better at saxophone. If it doesn't matter much to you, I'd go with Bible. If you think you might, stick with band.


No comments:

Post a Comment