Sunday, August 22, 2010

What's a good book of art and architecture ranging from Ancient Greek to Romanesque and Gothic art?

I'm finishing up my third semester at school and I'm finding it difficult to sell back my copy of Gardner's Art Through the Ages (Twelfth Edition, Volume I), the book for my Ancient and Medieval Art class, because I love how comprehensive it is. (I am, however, going to sell the book back, because it's way more expensive a book than I need!) I particularly love Ancient Greek and Roman, Early Medieval, Romanesque, and Gothic art and architecture. This was the first art history class I've ever taken, and while I doubt I'll take another one during my college career, I don't want to forget how much I enjoyed the class. Do you have any suggestions for a book that covers these periods? I would prefer more images than text, mainly because I just like to look at the art and analyze it myself. Any ideas?





Thanks!

What's a good book of art and architecture ranging from Ancient Greek to Romanesque and Gothic art?
I kept my Gardiner's, too. There isn't another one to compare. I love going through it and reading.


----


They're, Their, There - Three Different Words.





Careful or you may wind up in my next novel.





Pax - C
Reply:I just kept my book (it is the exact same one). For what you would get for resale, it is going to cost you nearly that much to find an architecture book with decent pictures. If you are dead set on selling it and getting another, look into used books. I love powells.com


No comments:

Post a Comment