Sunday, August 22, 2010

How about computer art?

Do you think that, as an art form, the digital masterpieces being created entirely within computer systems are as valid as those created by more traditional real-world techniques?





I ask because a lot of people I have spoken to in the real world seem to think that computerised art is not "real" art and react to it with some measure of disdain. But to my mind these modern artists are every bit as skilled as real world artists, they just use different media to get the job done.





Then I take a look at some so-called art in the real world and despair; piles of old tyres and stacked bricks, dissected horses and squalid, unmade beds just don't float my boat the way some of those fractals, 3D images and airbrushed miracles do.





I'd give my eye teeth to have just a little bit of the skill some of these computer artists have.

How about computer art?
%26lt;%26lt;%26lt;%26lt;%26lt;raises an eye brow - ~
Reply:I agree. I bought an old book on computer art 30 years ago - things have moved on quite a bit since then!


No comments:

Post a Comment