Sunday, August 22, 2010

I need an art journal (like a medical journal, not a write my personal experiences journal)?

This art Journal needs to discuss or analyze pieces of art from the begining of art history to the renisaunce(sp?). This is for a source on an art report.

I need an art journal (like a medical journal, not a write my personal experiences journal)?
First...what art are you studying? If it is western....





For a Journal of Western Art...I'd start with the cave paintings, like the ones at Lascaux, make your way onto Egyptian and Mesopotamian art, the bronze and Iron age, then move forward to the Greek period, the Roman then the Byzantine. After that, I'd move onto the medieval Gothic period, the Romanesque then pre- Renaissance, to the high Renaissance. Don't forget to include the rise of printmaking and importance of manuscripts. Do include important structures.





I'd also include some history of the times as well, including movements in other art history, (invention of paper in china for example...etc.)





This is a reeeeeeaaaallly brief summery, I didn't include important works by name...you can find that in research!





Good Luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment