Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Creative and art director??

Im 17, i live in oxfordshire (uk) and im currently in my last year of a levels doing art media and drama. I came second in my art class and my next media exam is on advertising that i got to choose! I am really inspired by advertising and art and would love to one day work my way up to be a creative director or art director!





What uni and degree do you suggest me going to? Do you have any useful info about making my own portpholio? How hard is it to make it into the job? Shall i start volenteer work now or while im at uni? part time job while at uni?





thanks

Creative and art director??
It sounds like what you want to do is either advertising or graphic design. If you prefer working on the idea and concept end of advertising then pursue an advertising degree. If you prefer actually creating or designing the product itself then you should pursue graphic design.





Both advertising and graphic design are very popular fields these days, so there are a lot of people vying for jobs right now. Getting work would be a little tough just because of the amount of competition, but if you stick with it you should be fine.





I can't really speak about the portfolios since I'm not sure which field you're trying to pursue. Graphic design and advertising portfolio are very different things, so addressing that would depend on which field you're thinking about pursuing.





As for volunteer work, I would suggest you decide which field suits you better before you concentrate on that aspect of it. Spend a year or so at university figuring out which field interests you more, and once you've decided then try volunteering. If you find some volunteer work that you think will help you decide, then go ahead it take it, but I think you should concentrate primarily on your classes for the first year or so to find your direction before you venture elsewhere.





Good luck at university, and I hope you find your direction.
Reply:wow lots of questions.


Try this site it is for the state of Washington in the US but it has information and test for interests and job descriptions and wages(US). It may help you decide.

permanent teeth

No comments:

Post a Comment