Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Information on Art Internships?

I am a junior in college, and my major is art. I would love to do an art interenship. It doesn't seem like my school has a lot of art internships posted. I know it is good to look around, but does anyone have any suggestions? I am interested in animation, and illustration. Or just art in general. Any tips? I go to school in a small town in New York.... Thanks!

Information on Art Internships?
http://www.awn.com (Animation World Network...this one lists lots of companies looking for workers or interns)





http://forums.cgsociety.org (check in the employment section and see if there are any internship offers)





I can't think of any other specific sites, unfortunately. I'm guessing you don't go to an art school, otherwise your career services dept. would be able to search for internships for you.





Try finding companies you'd like to work at (For animation the big ones are Pixar, Industrial Light and Magic, Dreamworks and Disney; for Illustration you might want to consider interning at smaller video game companies that might have a need for concept artists, background designers, etc) and seeing if their website posts any information for jobs/internships. Many do, and if you start putting together your portfolio now, you can send them out in time for summer when most internships start.





Good luck!
Reply:What kind of art? Research places you would be interested in interning for, then contact them and see if there are any available. Also you could try doing an informational interview to start networking and gain contacts.

Hotels Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment