Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Entry level art gallery jobs?

I am an aspiring painter, with only one year of art school. I am looking for a job in a local art gallery. I know about art, but have never worked in a gallery before. Are there any jobs out there for someone like me? Are galleries looking for art students to help run the gallery, or do framing, or anything like that?

Entry level art gallery jobs?
I don't know where you are located, but yes, it's very common for art galleries to employ art students. Framing is a popular job too (I got somehow the impression it pays better).I knew a number of students who had jobs like that.


You have to contact your local art galleries, custom framing places and craft stores like Michaels or Hobby Lobby and ask them if they are looking for people.


No comments:

Post a Comment