Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Does a career in ART get you ANYWHERE in life??

HI! I'm a senior in high school, in the massachusetts area, and I love art and have been doing it all my life, but when it comes to majoring in art when i go to college, I don't feel so confidant about it. I hear art school in competitive and that you can't really make money in art. I like graphic design and accessory design. Does anyone have any suggestions about what I could major in, what schools I could apply to, and possible career options for me in accesory design/fashion or graphic design? I also really love shopping and Im scared i wouldnt be able to afford anything if i went for a career in art!!!!! PLEASE HELP!

Does a career in ART get you ANYWHERE in life??
My sister-in-law has always had a passion for art and design. When she applied for college, she took the usual general education classes; but always took an art related class. Her instructor pulled her aside to find out if she was truly interested in fashion design because she saw tremendous raw talent. She has had her work showcased in local fashion shows and newspapers. Because of this she changed her major from education to fashion design and was asked to intern in New York and London this past summer.





Go with your heart and find a career in an area that you have a passion for. Good Luck.
Reply:If you have a passion and a drive for it, it can take you as far as you let it. If you don't have kids right now or anything to prevent you from seeking a career in art, than GO FOR IT!!!





Don't let people tell you that it's a useless major. People tell me that about my degree in sociology. The fact is I have friends with degrees in all different fields, and we all make about the same income. Whether you get anywhere in life with your art, is completely up to you. Just do what you love and don't let anyone convince you not to. If I could do it again, I'd major in theater and dance. I'm still young, so I may decided to go back. Who knows???





Also, the key thing is to intern whenever and wherever you can even if it doesn't pay. It's always good experience.

Racing Shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment