Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Looking for art to suit two people's taste?

My housemate and I have very different tastes in art, and yet want something to put up on our magnolia walls (which we aren't allowed to paint)





He wants photos that show an event (ie Mohammed Ali getting knocked out) and likes some abstract art, but has a very negative attitude to anything he considers to be 'pretentious'.





I, on the other hand, like a vast selection of art including art photography, cubist, modern, abstract and some impressionist (although I'm not too keen on Turner, Constable, Blake etc)





Can you think of a happy medium? I don't want a Audrey Hepburn print on my wall, or that photo of builders sitting on the crane above New York.

Looking for art to suit two people's taste?
I've become a big fan of Urban Art by the likes of Banksy and his ilk. I noticed his work after realising he's originally from my home town


This type of work is very creative and thought-provoking and of course a little bit subversive, not suitable for a family home, but ideal for adult only homes.





Here's one link http://www.banksy.co.uk/shop/


or......http://www.urbanretrolifestyle.com/2007/...


If Banksy isn't for you there are lots of similar artists that you would soon discover.


Failing that I love Van Gough and the impressionist school.





Here's some of his street art : http://www.banksy.co.uk/outdoors/horizon...
Reply:Have you seen any Basquiat or any of the late sixties industrial art I'm sorry I cant think of names but that might fall in the happy medium arena or, well it may seem a bit corny but old movie posters or reprints of old advertiesments...


No comments:

Post a Comment