Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Where are the album art files?

I'm using Windows Media player 11, but that doesn't matter. When I open up my folder viewer, or Explorer, Looking at the music folders, I see the art. That's great! The point is, I can't find the files for the images themselves. Going into the properties of the folder, I can see that the album art is set to the correct folder and whatnot, and I know I can change it to another image if I so please. I don't want to, but I want to use those images for other things too.





My goal: I have a Samsung YP-T9 (mp3 player), and I can view the album art if it has it. transferring the songs doesn't take the album art with it. I need to add .jpg images to the player to view it while it's playing. It's okay if the original album art files are not in .jpg. I can easily change the format. The point is that I don't see the files. There are no hidden files within the my music folder, so they must be directed from elsewhere. Where?

Where are the album art files?
the files are hidden in the tags of the music files. There are players like yours that have to have the files in their memory to see the art.





Also, I believe that WMP 11 get the album art from internet, and you can only see it with some players (my friend has a Sansa e250 and it reads it from the tags).


Your YP-T9 doesn't get the art from the Id3 tags, so I recommend you to find a manual way to put it.





I hope this can help you.


No comments:

Post a Comment