Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Will Yale school of art accept anyone who is talented and insightful into the painting program?

Art/painting is one of those things I was very talented in when I was younger. I would dare call it a natural talent; however, I have not pursued it as my major. I rather pursued Philosophy and now I am entrenched in the nursing profession. Being an RN will provide income for time to come until I feel I can transition safely into something else.





How serious do you have to take art to get into Master's degree at Yale or the like? I am not trained as an artist, but I can paint naturalistically almost perfectly and some abstracts.





I love watercolor and acrylic and mixing media.








I don't know why I still feel like I need to revisit art, just for my own accomplishment and not to teach really or be an "artist".





I really love art, but I feel it could be a bad investment to spend over 100 grand on an art degree that will not be a livelihood. What do you think? I know ultimately, it's my decision, but sometimes, when something is special to you...it's a hard decision.

Will Yale school of art accept anyone who is talented and insightful into the painting program?
Yale's MFA program is immensly competitive. I totally encourage and give you the thumbs up for thinking about exploring your art; I think it's awesome to revisit creativity after taking a break and living life for a while. I suggest doing research on MFA programs in your area besides Yale; yes, it's an amazing school but it's not the only one; check out Columbia, RISD, Boston, Chicago, etc., if you're interested in going to a school w/a similar (and similar acceptance rate)prestige.


No comments:

Post a Comment